Let’s Go Fishing!
Are you interested in learning how to fish, but not really sure where to start? Join NJDEP Fish & Wildlife staff and volunteers for a hands-on workshop that includes everything you need to know to get started!
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for Let’s Go Fishing!
- Who: 18 years and older. You must have a valid 2023 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing license to participate.
- What: Fishing workshop with NJDEP Fish & Wildlife. Participants will learn fishing basics including: fish biology; how to set up equipment; safety practices; bait and tackle choices; how to cast; and fishing regulations. Participants will put their new skills to practice with a fishing experience, and leave the workshop with the knowledge and confidence to head out fishing on their own. All bait, tackle and equipment will be provided.
- When: Thursday, June 15, 2023 from 10am until 2pm.
- Where: Wilson Pond, which is located at 1113 Summit Terrace.
- How: Free workshop. All bait, tackle and equipment will be provided. Registration is limited to 10 participants on a first-come, first-served basis. With questions, contact Alanna Newmark by email here, or call 609-462-0743.
- Click here to register. Registration deadline is Thursday, June 8, 2023.
- You must have a Conservation ID# (CID#) to apply. Click here for instructions on creating an online profile and CID#.
- You must have a valid 2023 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing license to participate.