Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Social Services


Provide information and assistance under guidelines established by the State of NJ regarding various assistance programs. The Social Services department:

  1. Assists in the application process for benefit programs
  2. Provides information and referrals

Where do I apply for food stamps?

Food stamps, or SNAP, is a federal program and is administered by the Union County Division of Social Services, 342 Westminster Ave, Elizabeth.

How do I apply for Medicaid?

You can apply on-line at NJ Familycare or call 1-800-701-0710.

I have no income and have children – where do I apply for assistance?

You must apply for TANF at the UCDSS, 342 Westminster Ave, Elizabeth.

I have no income and no children – where do I apply for assistance?

At our offices or call for information.

What programs could I be eligible for?

You can do a self-screen at

If I need help with alcohol addiction, whom could I contact for help?

You could contact Alcoholics Anonymous in Union County, by clicking here.

Click here to view and/or download the Union County Mental Health & Addiction Services Guide.


  • (908) 474-8620
  • 605 South Wood Avenue
    Linden, NJ 07036
    (908) 474-8620

Opening hours

  • Sunday
  • Monday
    8:30 am - 4:30 pm
  • Tuesday
    8:30 am - 4:30 pm
  • Wednesday
    8:30 am - 4:30 pm
  • Thursday
    8:30 am - 4:30 pm
  • Friday
    8:30 am - 4:30 pm
  • Saturday