Horror Movie Night has been canceled due to the weather.
Meals On Wheels lunches will not be distributed on November 3, 2020.
- For all Linden Boys and Girls Ages 7-13
- Just in time for the Holidays!
Manners and Etiquette are important skills in an ever-increasing use of technology world! Explore “in person behavior,” “out in public” conduct, phone calls, texting, emailing and table manners. Learn how to stay engaged in a conversation and use inside and outside voices. Have FUN exploring different interactive skills/processes that will help you successfully show good Manners and Etiquette. Click here to download the informational flyer about this event.
Purchasing of supplies may be required. Here is a list of supplies: Table setting: fork, spoon, knife, water glass, cloth napkin. Simple foods for our final dining experience will be announced.
This VIRTUAL class will be held through ZOOM in 2 sessions on Saturday, November 14 and Saturday, November 21 from 9:00am through 12:00pm for a fee of $45.00.
Register online 24/7 here and log into your existing Community Pass account or you may call 908-474-8600 Monday through Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm.
All first-time registrants are required to call during business hours to have an account set up and MUST provide the following:
- Birth Certificate for child
- A Household Bill showing Proof of Residency
- A Driver’s License or Photo I.D. for Parent/Guardian signing up their child
The Department of Parks & Recreation invites Linden residents to attend this year’s Halloween events taking place at Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade (400 North Wood Avenue), on October 29th and 30th.
- Click here to view and/or download the 2020 Halloween Events Flyer with all the event details.
- Registration is required for each individual and must be done by 4pm the day of the event.
- These events are for Linden residents only.
- Social Distancing will be practiced and face coverings will be required.
- Registration online here, or call 908-474-8600.
- Bring Photo ID to check in.
Scarecrow Creations made by the Linden Public Schools will be on display in front of City Hall from October 19th through October 31st.
October 29 – Halloween Horror Movie Night – Adults 13+ – Out of Towners Welcome!
- Night of the Living Dead (1968) – 6:30pm Starring George Romero
- House on Haunted Hill (1959) – 8:30pm Starring Vincent Price
October 30 – Family Night
- Kids and adults are welcome to come in costume.
- Magic Show – 5:30pm
- Monster House Movie – 6:30pm
- Movie treat bag for each person attending Monster House.
October 31 – A Marathon of Past Linden Halloween Parades
- Watch on LindenTV Channel 36/42 starting at 8am.
- Miscellaneous years starting with 1991.
The Linden Department of Parks and Recreation is happy to announce our new 2020 Fall Youth Virtual Classes. Please view the attached flyer and choose your favorite, or several favorites to attend! You may sign-up online here using your existing Community Pass account or by calling 908-474-8600 Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
Any questions, please call 908-474-8600 during business hours.
We are excited that the 2020 Virtual Summer Camp launches this Monday! Register here now!
Also, we really need your help! In order to live stream from our smartphones, we need to have 1,000 YouTube subscribers on our YouTube Channel. You can help by going to our YouTube Channel right now and clicking on the Subscribe button. Thanks!
For exclusive content, make sure to register for the Virtual Summer Day Camp/Playground program on CommunityPass or by calling (908) 474-8600. With any questions, always feel free to contact Angelo Monaco, our Day Camp Playground Coordinator.
Linden Department of Parks and Recreation is excited to announce that the City of Linden Summer Concert Series began on Tuesday, July 7!
The concerts are held at the Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade, 400 North Wood Ave. For a complete concert schedule, click here. The concerts are free and open to Linden residents only. For a list of concert guidelines, click here. Registration is required for each individual attending, and must be done on or before 4pm the day of the concert. Registration can be done online by clicking here or call 908-474-8600. Bring Photo ID to check in concert night. In the event of inclement weather call 908-474-8604 after 4pm on the day of concert.
The Linden Summer Concert Series is sponsored by Mayor Derek Armstead, Linden City Council, Linden Parks and Recreation, and the Department of Public Property. For more information, email us here or call the Parks and Recreation Department at 908-474-8600. The Parks & Recreation office is located on the second floor at 605 South Wood Avenue.
For a downloadable copy of the press release about the summer concert series, click here.
We are excited to announce that the City of Linden Summer Concert Series will begin on Tuesday, July 7th. For a complete concert schedule, click here. While we are looking forward to having the concerts, this summer will be very different than previous years due to COVID-19. There are several NJ Department of Health Guidelines and State Executive Orders that we are required to adhere to in order to have the concerts. Some of these restrictions and guidance include;
- Limited capacity per concert.
- Check in by 7:45pm or we reserve the right to cancel your reservation.
- Registration is required for EACH INDIVIDUAL ATTENDING and must be done by 4:00pm the day of the concert. LINDEN RESIDENTS ONLY. Registration can be done through Community Pass by clicking here, or by calling 908-474-8600. Bring Photo ID to check in.
- Face Coverings must be worn upon entering the Promenade, utilizing restrooms and in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Social Distancing throughout the Promenade will be required and encouraged throughout the park by our staff.
- NO DANCING ALLOWED.
- Restroom occupancy will be monitored throughout the concert by an attendant to encourage social distancing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas will be maintained frequently throughout the concert.
- Patrons are encouraged to wash hands frequently and utilize hand sanitizer provided throughout the Promenade.
- Patrons who have symptoms of COVID-19 should NOT come to the concert.
- All other rules and regulations normally enforced at the Promenade still remain intact including No Alcohol permitted.
- The City of Linden has developed the required COVID-19 Operation Prevention Plan that complies pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order.
- Patrons that do not comply with the Governor’s Executive Order pertaining to attending the concert will be removed from the Promenade.
- Due to the ongoing and changing nature of COVID-19, the City of Linden reserves the right to modify the concert schedule, regulations and amenities daily in regards to public health.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By coming to the concert, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- IN CASE OF RAIN THE CONCERT WILL BE CANCELLED. Call 908-474-8604 after 4:00pm.
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 908-474-8600. We look forward to seeing you!!
To the Linden Community:
It is with a heavy heart that we inform you that at last night’s City Council Meeting, it was announced that the 2020 Summer Day Camp/Playground Program will be cancelled. We had every intent to open this summer. We waited to receive the Governor’s Office Youth Summer Camp Standards. Upon review of the standards, which were released last week, we determined that it would have been extremely difficult to comply and provide a safe environment for our youth, families, staff, and community at-large.
Knowing that our youth have not attended school since mid-March, we were aware of the importance of the program in addressing their social and emotional needs. We were also aware that this program was vital to provide childcare for working families. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused any families that relied on us for childcare and for our youth that were highly anticipating another summer with their favorite counselors. With this being said, we are planning a virtual summer program. Details will be forthcoming.
For those families that registered for the Summer Day Camp Program, an email will be sent from the Department of Parks and Recreation with instructions for receiving a full refund. Again, we are sorry that an in-person program will not occur for Summer 2020, and we will do everything that we can to come back stronger than ever for Summer 2021. As always, we thank you for trusting us with your children.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, the summer concerts in June have been cancelled. With any questions about the summer concert series, please contact Linden’s Department of Parks & Recreation.