Associated Humane Societies provides animal control services to the City of Linden. Residents can report lost animals or make general animal related inquiry should call 973-824-7080 from 9am until 5pm. Calls after 5pm and on holidays should be directed to the Linden Police Department.
- Non-Emergency Calls such as general inquiries about lost pets and non-life-threatening issues (dog barking, cat fighting or wildlife in non-inhabited parts of a home) should only be made to AHS during normal business hours. Animal Cruelty Concerns should be reported immediately.
- Animal Control is not responsible for marine mammals or dead deer.
- Animal Control does not pick up rodents (i.e., rats, mice ,voles or moles).
- Animal Control will pick up bats, dead animals (excluding deer) and injured wildlife.
- Canadian geese will not be picked up unless in need of veterinary care.
For general animal welfare concerns and information about low-cost wellness examinations and spay/neuter surgery, please visit the Associated Humane Society website here.
Sunday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
After hours and holidays, please call: (973) 766-5422, or Contact Linden Police Department at (908) 474-8500