OEM is overall responsible for the city-wide emergency management program, and their responsibilities include:
- Maintain and manage the local Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to ensure overall unity of effort when responding to disasters.
- Manage the City’s activities related to emergency planning, preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery operations.
- Administer trainings and exercises that prepares City responders, volunteers, and the public to respond and recover from disasters.
- Seek and administer post disaster recovery costs and pre-disaster mitigation grants.
The local OEM is supported by the Union County and State of NJ OEM’s. Police Chief David Hart serves as the Linden OEM Coordinator. He is supported by five Deputy Coordinators and a volunteer staff.
The Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC) is a separate organization charged with supporting and assisting with local emergency management activities. The committee may also undertake any other effort that they feel may be of benefit to the City of Linden.
- Click here to sign up for Nixle alerts, or text “07036” to 888777 from your mobile device.
- Click here to register for NJ Special Needs Registry for Disasters.
- Click here to report a power outage.
- Click here to access the Disaster Mental Health Helpline.
- Click here for the Division of Emergency Services – County of Union.
- Click here for the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management | ReadyNJ.
- Click here for FEMA.
- Click here to make a Family Emergency Plan.
- Click here for information about building a Disaster Supply Kit.
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
- (908) 474-4560
12 North Stiles Street
Linden, NJ 07036