- When: Sunday, November 14, 2021, 10am
- Where: The Reformed Church of Linden, 600 N. Wood Avenue, Linden NJ
Join us in empowering our community through entertainment at the Journee to greatness event tomorrow, September 11th, 2021 at the Raymond Bauer Promenade starting at 6pm.
Live cooked Haitian Cuisine, live art, live music, keynote speakers of financial literacy, therapist for mental health awareness & more! Click here to download the informational flyer for this event. #Journeetogreatness @onajourneeventures
This live event will feature Alturrick Kenney, Michelle Ferrer, Esq and Devero McDougal, Esq., CPA. For more information, call Councilwoman Cosby at 908-718-7933. Watch the live discussion on YouTube by clicking here.
A Message From Mayor Armstead – The City of Linden is excited for our children to enjoy Halloween!
The following was developed with guidance from the New Jersey Department of Health. No one should participate in Halloween activities if they or a household member have a known exposure to COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not yet met the criteria for discontinuing isolation or were told to quarantine.
Giving Out Treats
- So that trick-or-treaters know which homes are participating this year, if you would like to give out candy, then please turn your porch light on. If you don’t plan to give out candy, then please keep your porch lights off.
- Instead of placing treats directly in the bags of trick-or-treaters or filling communal bowls that multiple hands reach into, individually packaged candy should be arranged in a way that they can be easily grabbed without multiple pieces being touched.
- You can also leave treats on a porch or table or in a place where it may be easily accessed while adhering to social distancing requirements.
- Please limit interaction and contact with trick-or-treaters, wear a face covering when individuals come to the door, and regularly wash your hands.
- All candy given out should be commercially packaged and non-perishable.
Trick Or Treating
- Those who go trick-or-treating, please wear a mask and make sure to social distance.
- Please limit your groups to current household members, and consider staying local (within a 2, 3 block radius of your home), and limit the number of homes on your route.
For the first 250 Linden School Age Children Grades Pre-K through 12th. Pre-Registration for this event is required by calling 908-474-8600 or online at Community Pass.
Friday, October 30, 2019 4pm – 6pm
- Outside in front of the Linden Multi Purpose Center, 1025 John St., Linden NJ
- Walk thru (outdoors) and receive a Treat Bag
Please adhere to the following social distancing & safety guidelines:
- Must wear face mask and maintain 6’ social distance
- No stopping, standing or gathering near building
- Also, children must be present to receive a treat bag
The Department of Parks & Recreation invites Linden residents to attend this year’s Halloween events taking place at Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade (400 North Wood Avenue), on October 29th and 30th.
- Click here to view and/or download the 2020 Halloween Events Flyer with all the event details.
- Registration is required for each individual and must be done by 4pm the day of the event.
- These events are for Linden residents only.
- Social Distancing will be practiced and face coverings will be required.
- Registration online here, or call 908-474-8600.
- Bring Photo ID to check in.
Scarecrow Creations made by the Linden Public Schools will be on display in front of City Hall from October 19th through October 31st.
October 29 – Halloween Horror Movie Night – Adults 13+ – Out of Towners Welcome!
- Night of the Living Dead (1968) – 6:30pm Starring George Romero
- House on Haunted Hill (1959) – 8:30pm Starring Vincent Price
October 30 – Family Night
- Kids and adults are welcome to come in costume.
- Magic Show – 5:30pm
- Monster House Movie – 6:30pm
- Movie treat bag for each person attending Monster House.
October 31 – A Marathon of Past Linden Halloween Parades
- Watch on LindenTV Channel 36/42 starting at 8am.
- Miscellaneous years starting with 1991.
The Linden Fire Department is honored to support the TMX Intermodal “stuff a TRUCK”, which is accepting donations to help support those effected by Hurricane Laura. If you wish to donate, you can drop items off at any one of our four firehouses or at TMX. Click here for the updated informational flyer about this important cause.
We are accepting donations up to and including October 17th.
We are Accepting
- Hygiene products – tooth brushes, toilet paper, soap, etc.
- Baby supplies – formula, diapers, wipes, etc.
- Basic need items – pet foods, blue tarps, etc.
Linden Drop-off Locations
- Linden Firehouse #1 302 S Wood Ave.
- Linden Firehouse #2 corner of Dewitt and W St. Georges Ave.
- Linden Firehouse #3 1201 E Elizabeth Ave.
- Linden Firehouse #4 2400 S. Wood Ave.
- TMX Intermodal 1418 East Linden Ave.
The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders, the Village Super Market of Springfield Township, New Jersey and the Community Food Bank of New Jersey are providing this drive through only food distribution event to all Union County residents affected by COVID-19 on October 3rd at 9am.
- First 2,000 vehicles will receive shelf-safe food and fresh produce on a first come, first served basis
- One food distribution per vehicle, while supplies last
- Please make sure to clear out the vehicle’s trunk prior to arrival to make room for food bags
- Bring one (1) proof of NJ residency, such as a utility bill, driver’s license, ID card, etc.
- Event will take place rain or shine
Click here to view and/or download the event flyer in English and Spanish. With any questions, or for more information, please email the DHS Action Line or call them at 908 558 2288.