This tremendous communication tool will allow all staff and families to stay in touch with district and school news and notices in countless ways. Please see the flyer or watch the video to learn all of the benefits our mobile app will afford you, including getting news and alerts in the language of your choice. Thank you and enjoy!
Schools are closed tomorrow, Tuesday, May 3rd, in celebration of Eid al-Fitr. All schools will be dismissed early on Wednesday, May 4th, for a staff in-service day. Lunches will be served.
The Highland Avenue School No. 10 PTA is hosting Designer Bag Bingo on May 20th. See attached flier for details.
- When: Friday, May 20th, 2022 @ 5:45pm
- Where: Highland Avenue School No. 10
- How: Cash, credit card and check will be accepted at the event.
Join our dedicated team of educators and support personnel for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Who: Job openings anticipated for teachers, Special Education Teachers, Teachers of Students with Autism or Behavior Disabilities, World Languages Teachers – Italian, Spanish, and Teachers of other subjects, including ESL, Math, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, English, Social Studies, Social Workers, and Substitute teachers. Job openings also for support staff, including Classroom paraprofessionals, Custodians, Security and Hall Monitors, Secretaries, School Nurses and Part-time Aides.
- What: Linden Public Schools is an urban/suburban school district comprising one high school, an alternative high school, two middle schools, and eight elementary schools with 6,000 students and 1,100 staff members. Our District is a diverse, technology-rich district focused on equity and inclusion. It is a great place to grow and learn! Administrators will be on hand to conduct interviews for those who pre-register. Walk-ins are also welcome.
- When: Saturday, April 30, 2022 from 8am until 1pm.
- Where: Linden High School Gym, located at 121 West St. George’s Avenue, at the Ainsworth Street entrance.
- How: Register here.
Community notices that are sent to Linden Public Schools for distribution can be found on the Linden Public Schools by clicking here. The following notices were posted in the past week:
- Linden PAL baseball – Register by March 31
March 22, 2022
- Emergency food distribution – March 26
March 22, 2022
- Youth track and field – Register March 28
March 22, 2022
- Spring basketball – Register by April 11
March 18, 2022
***These files are submitted to the Linden Public School District for distribution to our parents and guardians, as most of them benefit our community’s children. However, the Linden Public School District does not endorse any of the activities related to the files. Prior to signing your child up for any of these activities, clubs, or events, it is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to determine the appropriateness of the event. We send this message as nothing more than a public service.***
Linden High School will have special observances to help and support the people of Ukraine this Friday, March 11th.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear blue and yellow, the colors of the Ukrainian flag.
- We will hold a Peace Sit-in at 2:23 pm, symbolizing Feb. 23, the day Russia invaded Ukraine.
- Donations are being collected in the lobby of the school for clothes, non-perishable food, first-aid supplies, and personal products.
The Linden High School Class of 2022 is hosting a fundraiser at Bubbakoo’s Burritos in Clark next Tuesday and Wednesday, March 15 and 16, from 12pm until 8pm. Show this flyer when placing your order.
Linden High School presents the musical “Once on This Island” on March 17th, 18th and 19th at 7:30pm in the LHS Auditorium. Tickets go on sale on Saturday, March 5, here for $12. The site will insert open seats between groups to allow for social distancing. Tickets will also be sold at the door. Click here to view and/or download the poster for this event.
Linden High School is hosting “International Baccalaureate Student and Parent Night” on Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm.
IB is an open-enrollment program for students in Grades 11 and 12 that offers rigorous courses in six subject areas, in addition to the chance to gain college credits while in high school.