Elected Official; D-Term Expires 12/31/2022
Next Community Meeting
- Thursday, January 28, 2021, from 7pm until 8pm.
- Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone by clicking here.
- You can also dial in using your phone by dialing (571) 317-3112 and entering the access code: 839-403-989
Honorable Councilwoman Monique Caldwell is a lifelong resident of Linden NJ. The daughter of Winfield and Ramona Bulle who have been residents for over 48 years in the 4th Ward. Her father was Linden’s first African American Mr. Sundae ice cream truck business entrepreneur. Her mother worked for Union County over 30 years and now she is retired.
She is the first 3rd Ward African American Woman to be elected to this seat. She won her election by 110 margin 62% in 2019. She has been a member of the democratic party for the past 20 years. She is a graduate of Stevens Institute of Technology with a master’s degree in Management Information Systems and Certificate in Project Management. She has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. A graduate from Linden High School. She has been married for 16 years and has two sons.
A known voice in the community advocating behind the scenes for our children to improve Linden’s Public School system. She served on the board of Pop Warner as secretary for the community football league. She is currently an IT Project Manager in Corporate America with over 20 years of IT experience.
Please contact her via text at 908-274-1307 or email during the day from 8:00am – 5:00pm. She will return your text or email in a timely matter!
What are her roles as a Council Member?
- Review and approve the annual budget;
- Establish long- and short-term objectives and priorities;
- Oversee performance of the local public employees;
- Oversee effectiveness of programs;
- Establish tax rates;
- Enter into legal contracts;
- Borrow funds;
- Pass ordinances and resolutions;
- Modify the city’s charter;
- Regulate land use through zoning laws;
- Regulate business activity through licensing and regulations;
- Regulate public health and safety;
- Exercise the power of eminent domain;
- Communicate policies and programs to residents;
- Respond to constituent needs and complaints; and
- Represent the community to other levels of government
3rd Ward Community Meetings 2020
31 E. Henry Street
Linden, NJ 07036
- February 27, 2020 – 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- March 26, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- April 30, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- May 28, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- June 25, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- July 30, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- August 27, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- September 24, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- October 28, 2020 7pm – 8pm Wednesday
- November 12, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
- December 10, 2020 7pm – 8pm Thursday
Quotes that she lives by:
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try” – John F. Kennedy
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” – Martin Luther King
- “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
- “When they go low, We Go High!” – Michelle Obama