Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Police Department

Public Notice Regarding the use of Body Worn Cameras by the Linden Police Department

In accordance with New Jersey Attorney General’s Directive 2021-5, the Linden Police Department is hereby providing public notice that the Linden Police Department deploys Body Worn Camera technology for use by both uniformed and plainclothes officers. Generally, a Body Worn Camera (BWC) will be mounted in the chest area to the front of the officer’s outermost garment. Pictures of the device currently in use, as well as a picture depicting how it is worn by both uniformed and plainclothes officers, is included below.

Body worn cameras are used to capture valuable evidence for investigations and trials. It also documents scenes, interviews, and encounters between the police and citizens, promoting accountability and transparency. The Linden Police Department was among the first Police Departments in Union County to deploy Body Worn Camera technology when it began the program in February 2016.

To view and/or download a PDF of this public notice, please click here.

Crime Tips –

Crime Tips provides a way for our citizens to communicate with the police department, via email, who wish to provide information to the police department anonymously.

  • Users may leave information regarding specific information as to the whereabouts of wanted persons, information regarding cases, crimes, and illegal drug sales or possession information.
  • Users do not have to provide personal identifiable information, such as name, address or phone numbers.
  • This email link is not to be used for reporting purposes such as, requests for burglary reports, petty theft reports, collision reports or other.
  • This email link is meant to be another avenue for the citizens of Linden to give anonymous tip information.
  • These emails will not be replied to unless otherwise indicated by the user.

If you need to make a report and speak with an officer directly and it is a non-emergency, please contact the Police Department. If you have an emergency, please call 911.