Free Mental Health Public Assembly
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden, the Linden Board of Health, and Attitudes in Reverse invite you to attend a free mental health public assembly.
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for this event.
- Who: All members of our community are invited.
- What: A free mental health public assembly featuring an exhibit “In Their Shoes”, followed by a presentation “Coming Up For Air”.
- The “In Their Shoes” exhibit lets everyone, especially young people, know that they are not alone in their struggles, and encourages them to seek help. The exhibit helps to increase understanding, empathy, and kindness towards those who might be struggling in silence.
- The “Coming Up For Air” presentation is a 60-minute honest conversation by Attitudes in Reverse (AIR) founder Tricia Baker about mental health disorders, stigma associated with mental health disorders, warning signs of suicide, and guidance for those looking to help themselves and others. Certified therapy dogs from AIR will also be present.
- When: Monday, May 1, 2023
- 5:30pm until 6:30pm – “In Their Shoes” Exhibit.
- 6:30pm until 7:30pm – “Coming Up For Air” Presentation.
- Where: Gymnasium at School #1, which is located at 728 North Wood Avenue.
- How: For more information, please call the Linden Health Department at 908-474-8409