Steam venting at Bayway will start today as part of unit repair and start-up procedures. The steaming is estimated to continue for several days. The Community Awareness Hotline has been updated with the following message:
- You have reached the Bayway Community Awareness Hotline 908 523 6005.
- This is listen-only voice mail box used to communicate messages to the community during unusual circumstances.
- The following is an operations message updated July 9, 2020.
- Current Bayway Refinery unit operations are requiring the venting of steam that is creating louder than normal refinery operational noises.
- The steam venting is necessary to meet operational safety guidelines and anticipated to continue for a short period of time.
- Please note that the Refinery is working as quickly as possible to execute unit maintenance and resolve the noise issue.
- There are no environmental impacts associated with the venting of steam.
This hotline will be updated needed to communicate with the community.
Nancy P. Sadlo
Manager of Public Affairs