NAMI Family & Friends is a free 90-minute seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support. The seminar is led by trained volunteers with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics.
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and community resources
Participants will receive instructions on how to download a free E-book when they register that explains many of the topics covered in the class in more detail. The e-book is available in English, Arabic, Farsi, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish, and Vietnamese.