The County of Union is hosting a drive-thru emergency food distribution on Saturday, January 23rd.
The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders, the Village Super Market of Springfield Township, New Jersey and Gargiulo Produce are providing a drive through food distribution event to all Union County residents affected by COVID-19 on Saturday, January 23rd. Click here or text “FindFood” for English, or text “Comida” for Spanish to 908 224 7776 to find helpful information quickly.
- When – Saturday, January 23rd from 8:30am until 10:30am.
- Where – Union County Vocational Technical School – 1776 Raritan Road, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 in the school parking lot.
- First 1,000 vehicles will receive boxes of produce, dairy and shelf-stable food on a first come first served basis.
- One food distribution per vehicle, while supplies last.
- Please make sure to clear out the vehicle’s trunk prior to arrival to make room for food bags.
- Refrigerate any perishable items shortly after distribution.
- Bring one (1) proof of NJ residency, such as a utility bill, driver’s license, ID card, etc.
- Event will take place rain or shine.
- Click here to view and/or download the original event flyer in English and Spanish.
- With any questions, or for more information, please email the DHS Action Line or call them at 908 558 2288.