Violation Bureau and Office Hours
Monday through Friday, from 8:30am until 3pm.
Methods of Payment
- Violations Bureau Window.
- Mail: 301 North Wood Avenue, Linden, NJ 07036.
- Dropbox: Located in theparking garage at the Police Department.
- Online: Click here.
- If you do not have your ticket/complaint number, please search it here.
- Private Citizen Complaints are accepted for filing until 1pm.
- Monday through Wednesday at 9am and 5pm.
- Friday, 9am.
Have an Upcoming Court Appearance?
- Click here to preview a video of what to expect in court.
- Click here to view the Court’s Opening Remarks ahead of time.
- Click here to apply for a public defender.
- Click here for instructions to log on to virtual court.
Want to Appeal or Expunge a Case?
- Cilck here to upload supporting documents for your case.
- Click here to request a downgrade or plea offer from the Prosecutor.
Forms to Submit to Court
Court Quick Links
Municipal Court’s Mission Statement
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and
Municipal Court’s Vision Statement
We will be a court system, characterized by excellence, that strives to attain justice for the individual and society through the rule of law. We will:
- Provide equal access to a fair and effective system of justice for all without excess cost, inconvenience, or delay, with sensitivity to an increasingly diverse society.
- Offer complementary methods of dispute resolution while preserving the constitutional right to trial by an impartial judge or jury and ensuring compliance with the results achieved through effective enforcement of court orders.
- Provide quality service that continuously improves, that meets or exceeds public expectations, and that ensures that all are treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Maintain the independence of the Judiciary while strengthening relations with the public, the bar, and the other branches of government.
- Acknowledge and enhance the potential of every person in our organization to contribute to the administration of justice through participation, training, and technology.
- Share a sense of common identity and purpose as a statewide Judiciary.
- Earn the respect and confidence of an informed public.
Municipal Court’s Core Values
Required to accomplish our mission are four paramount values representing the core of what we stand for as an organization:
- Quality Service
Monday8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tuesday8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday8:00 am - 3:00 pm