Hooked on Fishing – Fishing Derby
June 3, 2023
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
1100 Summit Terrace Linden, NJ 07036
The Fishing Derby will be held on Saturday, June 3, from 10am until 2pm, in honor of Butchie Scoles. Awards to follow!
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden, and the Department of Parks & Recreation are pleased to announce that registration is open for the 2023 Fishing Season for all Linden children ages 5 through 18! Registration deadline is May 3, 2023. All children ages 5 through 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Ages 16 and older will need to purchase a fishing license.
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for this program.
- What: Hooked on Fishing. This program will teach children basic fishing skills, including how to string and bait a pole, how to cast a line and about local fishing regulations. We encourage you to bring your chair and snacks. Let’s enjoy the fishing season!
- When: Thursdays, May 4 through August 10, from 5:30pm until 7pm.
- May 4, May 11, May 18 and May 25.
- June 8, June 15, June 22 and June 29.
- July 6, July 13, July 20 and July 27.
- August 3 and August 10.
- **Fishing Derby is on Saturday, June 3, from 10am until 2pm, in honor of Butchie Scoles (awards to follow)**
- Where: Wilson Park, which is located at 1113 Summit Terrace.
- How: Registration deadline is Wednesday, May 3, 2023. All children ages 5 through 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Ages 16 and older will need to purchase a fishing license. To view full program description and register online, click here. In-person registration is available 9am until 4pm at the JTG Center (330 Helen Street) or the Linden Multi-Purpose Center (1025 John Street). Online registration available 24/7. For more information, email us here, or call 908-474-8639. All first time registrants are required to call during business hours to have an account set up. Please note: all new “first time” participants must bring the following original documents at the time of registration:
- Parent ID (i.e. driver’s license).
- Proof of Linden residency (i.e. utility bill).
- Birth certificate of child.